Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Year's Eve Fun

So being the boring people we are, Mike and I put the kids to bed at their normal bedtime...7pm. Then we decided to watch a movie, which I think we both feel asleep while watching around 9pm. So we called it a night and headed to bed around 10. I figured we could toast the new year in the morning...no difference between midnight or 7am we figured. Well around 2 am my cell phone goes off and based on the ring-tone I can tell it is my sister, Ana's house. By the time I came to, I had missed the call. Then I heard the house phone ring. I figured it was Jonathan, my sister's husband, calling me to wish me a happy new year or something dorky. Well then he called again, so I decided I better answer it, figuring it was probably something important. Well the first thing he says is I need you to come ASAP, I need to take Ana to the ER right now. Well if that doesn't wake a person up I don't know what does. So I jump out of bed, throw on some clothes and I am out the door in less than 5 minutes. Mike was half awake and was kind of confused at what was going on so I said I would call him when I got there and found out what was happening. It's a good thing I only like 2 miles away from Ana. I get there and am worried at what it could be. Well I guess she passed out twice in a couple minute period. The first time she had Aiden, her 9 month old, in her arms asleep. Luckily she could feel herself getting dizzy, so she tried sitting down on the side of the tub, but passed out and ended up dropping Aiden. Another luckily thing was that Jonathan was home and came running in. A couple of minutes later, she passed out again, so Jonathan called 911 and had an ambulance come and check her out. Once they ran tests and said her vitals were good they left per Jonathan opting to take Ana in himself so it didn't cost an arm and a leg. So I spent my new years eve holding Aiden and listening to Addison, their 4yr old talk my ear off. She woke up the minute Ana and Jonathan left and stayed up until they got home around 5am. Then I chatted with them for a while until 7 when I headed home. They ran a bunch of tests and decided she had been dehydrated, so they pumped her full of tons of fluids via IV and sent her home. She did have to wear a heart monitor for a couple of days just to make sure everything was normal and it was. Scare thing to go through though especially holding a baby when it happened. I am so glad everything is OK.

No comments: