Thursday, July 06, 2006

Well we were going to try and wait and tell people what we were having until we were at Colorado, but we were too excited, so our little bundle of joy is going to be a little girl!! We are very excited and of course I cried when I found out what it was. I know I would have cried either way; being pregnant tends to do that to you. She is a health little girl though, growing perfectly. They measured every part of her I think. It was neat to see all of her different parts though. After all the measuring they said she weighs 1 pound exactly and is around 8-10 inches. We definitely have a modest little girl though. She refused to uncross her legs for the doctor. After a lot of pushing on my stomach they finally got her to uncross them for about a minute, just long enough to see she was a girl then she crossed them right back. They said they are 100% positive that she is a little girl. And the most exciting news besides finding out that she is a girl is that my new due date is November 11th instead of the 16th. Even though it is only 5 days, I am way excited. I am just excited because then it gives me a bigger time period between the day she is due and the day when all of the family comes out to celebrate Thanksgiving. The name we are planning on calling our little girl is Madison; that is unless she comes out and is not a Madison. I think we surprised a lot of people with our news because everyone thought for sure we were going to have a little boy. The most excited about us having a little girl I think is our niece, Aubrey. She really wanted a girl and when we called to tell them you could hear her in the background yelling and jumping around. Once I figure out how to post pictures on this I will up load a couple of the pictures of her.
Ok on to a different subject, Bear Lake. Mike and I went up Friday night and spent the weekend with his family in a condo there. It was a nice vacation. On Saturday we spent the whole day on the beach. I think we were out there for a totally of 8-9 hours. They rented a jet ski and everyone took turns on it except the two pregnant ladies, myself and my sister-in-law, Angie. She is due about the same time Ana is, in February, so they are just starting on the long 9 month path. Then later in the day everyone went out for a boat ride, but I knew I would throw up, so I just stayed behind and kept watch on the camp site. Really I ended up taking a nap, but oh well. I put SPF 30 on twice, but I guess I totally forgot about my feet because they were fried. Come Saturday evening when we were all back chilling in the condo, my feet swelled up to 2 or 3 times there normal size. I took it really easier on Sunday making sure to ice them often. They are still pretty swollen, but at least they aren't burnt anymore. Monday I woke up not being able to walk at all in the morning without my feet turning purple from lack of blood, so I didn't go into work that day. The 4th of July started pretty early for our neighbor Jamie and myself. We had a ward breakfast and were asked to come and help. So we showed up at 7 am and cut up watermelon. We had bought everything the day before; 15 bags of ice and 8 30 pound watermelon and a kiddy pool. They set up the pool and put ice and water in them and then kept the watermelon and drinks in it to keep everything cool. The breakfast went from 8:30-10:30, but we left at 9:30. Then we packed up the car and headed up to Idaho Falls for the 4th. Jamie came with Mike and I. When we got there it took a while to figure out what the plans were, but once we got that figured out it was a fun day. We all went to see the movie Superman Returns...Very long!! Then the boys went golfing( surprise, surprise) and Jamie and I went shopping. We bought Mike some new shorts and shoes which he needed greatly. Then we came back and had a BBQ and then went and watched fireworks. There was about 85,000 people there watching them so we parked about 20 minutes away and walked. It was quit a walk, but I think we all needed to exercise. After the show we power-walked back to the car and finally were on the road about 11:30 pm. I think we ended up getting home right and unpacked about 2 am. All I can say is 6 am came really early and I was dragging myself through the day, but I perked up a lot when we got to the doctor. Well as numerous people have already stated, we are having a little Wright family reunion this weekend in Colorado, so that will be fun to see everyone again and this will probably be the last time until Thanksgiving when everyone comes out here. Tasha will be riding back to Utah with us and spending sometime here though with us and Ana and Jonathan so that will be fun. Ok, well I think I will end this exciting novel. We will probably update everyone once we get back from Colorado.

No comments: