Tuesday, July 25, 2006

So we have finally hit the 6 month mark, or 24 weeks! For a while it seemed like it would never get here. Only 16 more weeks, or 109 more days, not that I am counting or anything, right. Our little girl is a very active girl. She is always on the move, kicking and punching my stomach, but I don't mind at all, it is very calming me to know she is doing well. But she has decided that when she is not moving she likes to have her feet and hands in my ribs on the right side. This is something that is very painful. She use to move when I would move on her to get out of my ribs, but now she has decided that she doesn't want to move and she just kicks me and stays were she is. So only likes to me in my ribs when I am sitting it seems. Well lucky for me I am sitting at my job for 9 hours a day, 5 days a week! I try standing throughout the day, but I get light-headed if I stand too long, so it's pretty much a lose-lose situation.
Well Mike and I have decided to have my last day at work be Halloween, the 31st of October. So that means I only have 70 more working days!! That day we always have a huge party at work, watch movies while we aren't helping students, and just chill, so I thought how better to celebrate your last day, right?! Plus not that I don't like my job, but I would love to have today be my last day, but that won't happen, I guess we need something called insurance to have a baby. I am sure the 70 days will fly by, hopefully! In another week or so it will start picking up in our office since Fall semester is starting in about a month. Then we will be busy from mid August until about the end of September. Then it will kind of calm down for a couple of weeks. Then probably about the time I will be quitting it will pick up again with everyone getting their Spring semester schedules together.
Well this weekend was a busy one for Mike and I. Saturday morning we went to the temple with our neighbor, Jamie, which was wonderful since the temple has been closed for 2 weeks for cleaning. Then it was time for the normal routine for Saturday, cleaning and laundry. Once that was all done, we decided to paint our kitchen and do touch ups from our other painting jobs. Well we got one coat on the kitchen and Mike fixed a couple of tough spots, like the peak in our living room with our 20 foot walls. After that Mike decided he was done painting for the day. So we went next door and watched a movie with Jamie. Mike had to work Sunday morning, but did get to go to sacrament meeting and one of his classes. After church, it was time for our Sunday afternoon nap. Then we just bummed around, until it was time for dinner. We had a get-together at Jamies, with Ariana, Jonathan, Addison, and Tasha. After dinner we decided instead of watching movies, we would play games, since I can't seem to stay awake during movies. So we played a fun game called "Fact or Crap" and then played "Taboo" It was so much fun and with the last game it came down to the wire, but Ariana, Jonathan, and Tasha ended up winning by 1 point. We called it a night after that since we all we pretty tired. Monday morning Mike and I were going to get up at 6 to get a jump start on all the painting we wanted to get done, but Mike woke up with a Migrane, so we slept until about 7:30. We painted a primer coat of white in the baby's room and got that room all taped up. While that was drying we painted a second coat in the kitchen. Then Ariana and the gang came over to help out. Once they were there the baby's room went pretty fast. We sponged the top half bright yellow and the bottom half solid bright blue. It looks so cute and defiantly looks like a kid's room. Once we have the curious George border up, it will finish the room up. All of the white furniture looks great in the room also. Lish, my sister-in-law, was kind enough to give us her glider, so that is getting painted white to match everything else. The last thing we need to finish the nursery is a futon. Then the nursery should be set. Ariana brought over a bunch of Addison's baby clothes for our little Madison to use. There was a lot, that's for sure. I think she had a tub full of 0-3 month of, 2 tubs full of 3-6 and 1 box for 6-9. So I think that our little girl will not have to go naked, at least not until after 9 months. After all the painting, we all went to our homes to clean up and then met back up at Lish's house for a bug Pioneer Day BBQ. There were a lot of people and food there, so it was wonderful. When we went to play games, all the kids got a little loud and whinny, so we only stayed for one game. We were all tried though, so it was a good ending to a great day. To bad that meant, that we all had to get up and go to work this morning. I promise, one of these days I will put pictures on here, so you have some idea what I am talking about!

No comments: