Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Well I guess it is time for another update for everyone on the exciting lives of the Ashton's. It is good to be home since our trip to Colorado. We love traveling, but after awhile, it is nice to be at home for awhile to get back into the groove of things. Since being back home not much as happened. I don't think either of us wanted to go to work on Wednesday morning, but so is life right?? This week is my first full week of work and I have a feeling it is going to be a long one. But the good news is I have Monday off for Pioneer Day, so that will at least make next week go by faster and then we have our next doctors appointment on the 31st, the following Monday. It seems like July is dragging on, but then again it is half way over, so maybe it's just because there isn't anymore big trips to look forward to anymore. Just so everyone knows, little Madison should be here in 116 days, if she comes on her due date. But I am definately ok with her deciding to come a little early as long as she is healthily. Mike and I have been going back and forth lately about the name of our little angel, but I think we have decided we are going to stick with Madison, unless she comes out something different. I know that if she is names Madison it will cause some confusing with Addison, but if Madison is her name, then there is no arguing there, right??
Well its been fun having Tasha with us for the past week. She has been staying with Ana because Jonathan has been in Canada getting ready to fly the new planes home that USU just recently bought. Plus our air conditioning as not been working and the room were Tasha would be staying is upstairs were it is very HOT! So we just recently had someone come out and look at it. I guess we have a broken/leaky valve that let all of the freon out. So we had to have more freon put in, 6 pounds I think. Then we are going to have someone come out in August or September to fix the valve before it gets winter. I guess that is when it leaks, so as long as we get it fixed before then we wont have any problems. All I can say is it has been very nice to have air conditioning. I must be a cold blooded person because even at 6 months pregnant I am still cold 90% of the time. So Mike has it set to were he feels comfortable and I just wear a sweatshirt. The upstairs is finally cooled down though so when Tasha does come and stay with us it should be nice for her. Speaking of Tasha, she is really being a trooper. She has decided that she is going to be committed and loose weight while she is here is Utah. My neighbor, Jamie, has started training her. Last night was their first night and I think it went good. Then just worked-out outside since the gym was already closed. They ran up a huge hill a couple of time along with walking it a bit. Then they did some abs and weight training. Tasha said that she isn't sore yet though, only her arms. I think the plan is to work-out daily except for Sundays and those days she will just take a nice walk for like 45 minutes or so just so she doesn't cramp up or anything. Along with getting her in shape we are planning on give her a makeover, with new cloths and maybe even a new hair style and color. Dad, how would you feel about black hair with caramel and red highlites??
Oh baby's room is coming along slowly. Mike thinks we are right on schedule, but I guess I am just excited and I would like to be able to do everything right now. But time and money wont really allow that. So for now, it is one project at a time. Saturday Ana and Tasha came and helped me paint a dresser white. We decided to do white furniture so everything matches. Plus I think white will look the best against the colors we have decided to decorate with. All I have left to paint as far as furniture goes is the glider, oh and a futon when we get one. The next big project will be to paint the walls. We have finally agreed on what we are doing. We will have a curious george wallpaper border that will go about 1/3 of the way up the way I think. Below the border we will paint a bold, bright blue and then on top of the border we are going to sponge bold, bright yellow. We are looking at getting a bright red rug to go in the middle of the room. Then we will decorate with red and green as accents. I think I will probably make the bumper pads and skirt for the crib, the glider cover, the futon cover, and curtains out of some cute bright green fabric. I will take some pictures of what we have so far, just so you can at least see the furniture we have in there. But once again I need to have Ana come and show me how to post pictures to the website. Maybe that will be this weekend, or sometime this week. Ok, well I will end this now and will be updating you all soon!

1 comment:

Ariana said...

I sent you the instructions on how to post pictures....did you not get them?