Saturday, May 22, 2010

Easter 2010

So I know it is way past Easter, but I was just downloading pictures from the camera and saw all of the pictures and I thought I would post some of them since I never blogged about Easter. Easter was pretty low key this year. Thanks to GREAT Utah weather, we opted for an inside Easter egg hunt this year. Also since the kids are all still so young, I knew it wouldn't be a deal to them at all. So we just invited a couple of people over, Ariana and her 3 kids (Jonathan was working or sleeping...who knows) and Lauren and her 2 kids (Tim was working). While the Ana and Lauren kept the kids occupied, I went down and quickly hide a bunch of eggs just in the family room and then while they were looking downstairs I hide the rest up in the front room and dinning room. I think it took me maybe 10 minutes to hide them all and it took them 5 minutes to find them all. Oh well, they had fun. They we decided to color eggs, little kid style...NO EGG DYE!! We used crayons...I tell you what, it is the best idea I have ever had...no worries about little kids knocking over dye all over. It is so easy and quick to clean up. Last year we had stickers too,but I never got to the store to buy some this year. Then the adults sat and chatted while the kids ate WAY too much candy. Then that night I refilled the eggs for the next morning when the Easter bunny would come. The Easter Bunny hide the kid's baskets and gifts in the basement where they couldn't get to them until Mom and Dad were ready...hehe...what a sneaky bunny! They had the normal candy and little toys in their baskets. Reighlyn & Keegan both got stick horses that when you press behind the ear it makes horse sounds. They also got a basketball hoop to share for when it warms up outside. Kairington just got some little toys and a new bib. All in all it was a great Easter, especially since we were able to stay home and watch Conference on TV. Can't get any better than watching the prophet on Easter Sunday!

Kairington giving a little smile, she is still waking up

Kairington loving her bunnies!
Kairington excited about Easter

Keegan trying out the basketball hoop

Reighlyn giving her horse a ride

Dad showing Keegan his horse

Reighlyn found the baskets
Kileigh, Keegan, & Ethen coloring eggs

Addison, Reighlyn, Kileigh & Keegan coloring eggs

Ethen with a mouth full of chocolate

Keegan not knowing whats wrong with stuffing your mouth with candy

Addison seeing whats in her eggs
Keegan looking for eggs

Kileigh found 2 eggs!

Aiden not sure about the whole hunt thing

Reighlyn breaking the rules being on the couch with shoes on

The group looking for more eggs

No comments: