Friday, August 03, 2007

More upbeat news is that Reighlyn turned 9 months yesterday! We didn’t have a whole lot going on. I only had one baby to watch yesterday, Brookley who is 6 months old. I watched her from 8-4. Since she isn’t mobile yet, she likes to just hang out on her blanket or swing, which makes for an easier day for me. Reighlyn has decided that she loves to help mom with whatever I am doing. So yesterday when I was starting to unpack our bags, she decided to unpack her bag, which meant there were diapers, toys, juice, baby food and clothes everywhere….oh what a good helper, right?

She also has learned that she likes being upstairs with mom while she works on the computer. We brought up a little TV for her to watch and she actually just watching her show and plays, which helps me out a lot. But she thinks that she should crawl over and try to push buttons on the TV and play with the cords. Or she just gets right up to the TV so her face is touching the screen and watches it…. I swear my child is going to go blind before she is two.

I did weigh her yesterday for the first time since her 6 month check up and she only weighs 15 pounds, so she has lost weight, because at her 6 month I think she was at 15 or 16 pounds…. But I feed her all the time it seems, so I think we are going to be switching her to vitamin D milk so she is getting all that she needs. She also learned how to feed herself yesterday. Before she would get the food in her hands, but not know what to do with it, but she decided to put it in her mouth, so now she is happier. She can eat her Cheerios at her pace, not moms. As soon as I learn how, I will put a video of her feeding herself on here so you all can see.

Reighlyn’s new favorite toy is now this little bike that Ana brought over. It can either be a bike or you can stand it up so she can walk behind it. Well she thinks it is fun to play with all the toys on it, loves to sit on it and hold on to the handle bars and just laugh, but she has decided today that she loves to walk behind it. I guess now that she knows how to crawl she is ready for the next adventure. She actually does a pretty good job walking behind it. Sometimes she forgets she is standing up and just falls down, but she forgets to let go of the bike she is comes down on top of her. Don’t worry she’s a tough kid, she doesn’t cry really when she gets hurt, she is just ready to try it again.

Ok, well not to make this blog update all about Reighlyn, but she is the only one that has any new exciting news, so that’s all for now…enjoy the pictures!

No comments: