Thursday, October 26, 2006

Wow, so October is almost over, it sure has gone by quickly it seems. I haven’t been very good this month with keeping the website updated, so I will just try and give everyone a quick update on what’s going on in our lives.

Last Tuesday night, the 17th, I started having some very regular contractions, about 10 minutes apart. So Wednesday we had a doctor’s appointment already, so we deiced to let our doctor check things out first before we went into the hospital. The reason we were a little concerned is because I was only 35-36 weeks along, that’s pretty early to be having a baby, although as you have all seen I am HUGE! So in our appointment we found out I was 1 centimeter dilated and 60% effaced. The problem was that our baby girl had not dropped yet, so I wasn’t dilating past the1 so my contractions weren’t doing anything. Our doctor told us they were probably just Braxton hicks and would go away. Well that afternoon Mike and I went for a walk and the contractions got to be 5 minutes apart, but I wasn’t ready to go to the hospital. Then that night they got to 3 minutes apart, so we decided we had better go into the labor and delivery and find out if we were going to have our little girl. Well the disappointment news was there was little change. I had only dilated another ½ a centimeter and was now 70% effaced, but she still hadn’t dropped and since I wasn’t very far along, they could do anything to help the labor progress. So they decided to give me a sleeping pill and a morphine shot to help the contractions go away since everyone thought for sure I was in “false labor.” Well come to find out on the way home, I am allergic to morphine, so needless to say I was up the rest of the night throwing up along with the next day. At this point I was very sick so Mike went and had the doctor prescribe some nausea pills for me that seemed to help a lot and they told me to take it easy and not to be up and about.

So the short story I guess is, since Tuesday night I have been having contractions very regularly, about 3-4 minutes apart. On Monday, they got to be every 2 minutes, so we went into the doctor again to see if there was any change and if not, why I was having contractions. Well I measured very big for my belly that day; I had grown 2 centimeters in a couple of days, so the doctor decided to do an ultrasound. Well come to find out first I am carrying an 8 pound baby already, plus I am carrying too much fluid, so that is causing her not to be able to drop and also is causing me to dilate because my uterus is stretched to its max and is trying to contract back down to a smaller size. Also we found out that my due date was pretty far off, according to the measurements that did on Monday our new due date is October 31st. So the good news from all of that is that if our little girl has not decided to come in the next week, then they are going to induce me on the 2nd of November. With that news in mind, Mike and I are just doing our best to keep our minds on other things. I have been going through room by room and deep cleaning, while Mike focuses on homework. Ok, well I think that catches everyone up for the most part on our busy life. The next post will probably be when she arrives!

1 comment:

The Wright Family said...

I know it's hard--but enjoy this last week! It is really exciting to get a new baby, but you have no idea how precious the time is with just you and Mike...and sleep! Congrats on the earlier delivery, though, we can't wait!!