Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Ok, time for a quick update before our lives get very busy and I won’t have time to update for while. I am still pregnant, but we are getting closer. We went to the doctor on Monday and had things checked out. I am still dilated to a 1 ½ and the baby still has not dropped all the way. Also I am still have contractions about 2-3 minutes apart But the good news it that we are going to be induced on Thursday, the 2nd of November, unless she decides to come earlier, but I doubt it since she hasn’t dropped the contractions I am having are not doing anything but causing me a lot of pain. I am just hoping I can get some kind of sleep in the next couple of days so I have the energy to push. Lately I have been getting about 2-3 hours a sleep a night because if I lay down flat I can’t breathe because she is cutting off my oxygen supply and if I sleep sitting up in a chair then my back hurts all night long. So it is a lose-lose situation, but that situation is almost over. That is what I have to keep reminding myself when contractions keeping coming and coming. The one scary thing about my pregnancy is the amount of fluid that I am carrying. There is a very high possibility that we will have to have a cesarean delivery because when my water is broken the cord might come down first. Also since our baby is a very health baby (BIG) then we might have to have a cesarean because I won’t be able to delivery her, but we are putting our faith in the Lord and praying everything will come out as it should.
Mike and I are both trying to get everything ready for our little arrival. This past week I have been trying to deep clean one room at a time, with scrubbing the floor boards, shower, toilets, and shampooing carpets. Once I am done with the shampooing there will be no shoes allowed in our house. Mike is always checking on me and making sure I am not over doing it. I do take a lot of breaks during my cleaning, so I am doing ok. Really I think that all the cleaning is helping me keep my mind off the contractions and the pain I seem to have everywhere. This week Mike and I have been doing a lot of homework also. Mike has been doing homework from when he wakes up till we go to be because he is trying to finish one of his classes completely by tomorrow, so there is less stress for him as far as school goes. He will still have 4 classes to finish after this one, so he will still be busy, but hopefully not as busy.
I am also going to start working on a baby quilt for our little one. Since we still don’t know for sure what her name is going to be, I couldn’t get too ahead of myself. I have decided to make her a Curious George quilt, going off of the theme from the nursery. So tonight or tomorrow Mike and I are going to go pick our fabric for the quilt and then Ana is helping me gather pictures to trace on the fabric. I am going to embroidery bout 20 Curious George pictures to put into her quilt. We are going to get a couple of them traced and ready for me so I can work on them in the hospital. Then I will probably just work on it here and there and finish in time to give it to her for Christmas.
Ok well I think that catches everything up and the next time we write will be announcing our arrival of baby Ashton, with pictures included!

No comments: