Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Hi all, we are going to try this blog trend. I think it will be easier to up keep, plus then all of our past post will be saved which will be nice. I guess this will act as our community journal. Well not a lot has happened since the last time I updated our website. We are currently in our 18th week, but 19 weeks will be on Thursday.
Father's day weekend was nice. Mike and I went down to Idaho Falls Friday evening to spent the weekend with Mike's parents. Friday night we went and got ice cream with them at Cold Stone. I guess that is the happening place for Idaho Falls because I think we waited in line for 30 minutes. Then I made the mistake of ordering a fruit smoothie instead of ice cream. The employee turned to me and said, umm I don't think we make those. I said well its on your menu. Come to find out it was the guys first day and it was the first fruit smoothie every made in that store, so they had to find the instructions for it. But it tasted good, just took a long time to get. Mike decided to stay up until midnight watching old BYU football games with his dad, so on Saturday he was dragging. We got up and went on a walk with his parents for about half an hour. Then Wagon (my father-in-law's nickname) took us out to breakfast; he is very good to us. Then we ran errands with his parents to Target and other stores in hopes to find the right stroller and car seat, but no luck. Then we went furniture shopping for Mike's parents and we actually helped them pick out a couch that they later brought home that day for their front room. After stopping at home for a quick bite to eat, Mike and Wagon went golfing and Peggy(my mother-in-law) and I went shopping to look for Curious George fabric for the nursery. I think we went to 20 stores in the 2 hours we were gone and didn't find anything. Oh well, that's the way life goes. The rest of the time spent there was just chill time. On Sunday I called my dad, brother, and brother-in-law for father's day. My dad had an excited father's day; he got to sit in a hotel room because we was out of town for work. He still has one more week to go. Then he will be home until our Colorado trip on the 8th. Mike and I were planning on leaving around 7 or 8 so we didnt get home too late, but it ended up being about 9 when we left so we didn't get home until 11:30 or so. We were both tired, so I think we ended up sleeping until like 9 in the morning Monday. I took the day off of work yesterday to catch up on sleep and to just take a chill day. Mike and I unpacked everything and then went shopping for new swimming suits since none of mine fit, at least not the way you would need them to to go in public. I found a cute one that is a tankini on the top that almost covers my belly and then the bottom has a skirt attached to it, so it covers a lot. Mike's brother Marc will be coming to Utah on the 29th of June and we all will be heading to Bear Lake for the weekend, so I needed a new swimming suit, since all I can do is play in the water and lay out. I don't think jet skiing would work out for me and the baby. It will be a nice relaxing weekend though.

1 comment:

Ariana said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend....you will see it is a lot easier to update this than the website.