Friday, June 23, 2006

Almost Half Way There...
Yesterday was on 3rd doctors appointment and everything went well. We didn't have our appointment with our regular doctor because she just recently had a baby herself a couple of weeks ago, so we went to a new one just for this visit. She works in the same office, just one floor up. First thing we found out is that I found out I gained 3 pounds in the past 4 weeks, which isn't bad at all when they are saying I am suppose to gain about a pound a week now. So far during pregnancy I have gained about 10 pounds. I am sure since I am maintaining my weight so well now that I will balloon out in the last month or something, but who knows. The doctors appointment wasn't too involved; the doctor gave some guide lines to follow about staying hydrated and wearing my seat belt below my belly. Then we got to listen to the baby's heart beat. I am always relieved when I hear the heart beat to know all is well. I guess I should know everything is fine since I feel the baby moving every 5 minutes it seems like. I guess there is an old saying that if the heart rate is fast then its more likely a girl and if it's slower than its more likely a boy. Well according to the heart rates and if the doctor had to guess, we will be having a boy. But Mike and I are still not guessing which we are having, we will just wait until the 5th of July to find out for sure. We asked if they had anything sooner, but their next appointment wasn't until the 12th of July so we decided to stick with the 5th. Mike was really hoping that someone could do one yesterday, but oh well.
I am still working up at the University full-time. The hours I work starting this week until summer is over will be 7:45 to 3:45. I use to take an hour lunch and then work until 4:45, but I figure I might as well eat lunch at my desk and get off an hour earlier so I have some energy to make dinner at night. Plus who doesn't like getting off early. Before I would go home for lunch, and then I never wanted to go back to work, so this will probably be better. Plus then I only have to walk up and down the hill once a day instead of twice. Mike is still with the Herald Journal, but is faithfully looking for a new job. The Herald Journal has been good for us, but I know he is very much ready for a change and an increase in pay so there will be less stress when I stay home with the baby.
Mike and I have been looking into different ways to decorate the nursery. We know we want to do the Curious George theme, but it is a matter of finding the right items and the money to get everything. We finally found some cheap wallpaper borders of curious George, thanks to Wagon, online so I think we are going to hang that up. Now its just a matter of picking out the color of paint for the walls, the fabric for the curtains, rocking chair cover, and the crib bedding. We are going to try to do a neutral color, so we wont have to change everything if the next baby is a different sex than this one is. We going to decorate with bright primary colors: red, blue, yellow, and green. So if anyone has any ideas for decorating, let us know. I think we are planning on painting and stuff while Natasha, my sister, is here for a couple of weeks in July. It will be nice to have the help, plus I think she is excited to help.

No comments: