Tuesday, September 19, 2006

So another week has come and gone, yet it seems not a lot has happened. Mike and I are still just working away at our classes. Mike is trying to finish up his last incomplete class from spring along with keeping up with his fall classes. We are still doing the wonderful thing classed job searching. There have been a lot of jobs that he has just recently applied for, so now it is a waiting game it seems. Mike is very excited to be done with the Herald Journal though. It has been a good job, but I think a year is enough. I am counting down the days until I am done with my job. Halloween is my last day, so that means not counting today I have 31 more days of work.

Our baby girl is growing everyday now, which means so is my stomach. Thanks to some recent shopping though, I have clothes that will fit me while we finish out this pregnancy. Saturday was my baby shower and it was a huge success. We invited a lot of people, but I knew that the majority of them wouldn’t come since they live farther away, but it’s the thought that counts, right? We had a good turn out though, not too many people because I don’t like being the center of a big crowd. Ariana and Jami threw the shower and did an awesome job. We did the introductions and then started playing games. The first one was there was a 10 different candy bars cut up on put on to plates. You had to go and look at them and write down what kind they were without smelling or touching them. Some people did pretty well, while others I think just guessed and wrote down the candy bars they could think of. Next we played Mike and Kj trivia. Mike mom and Ariana came up with 6 unforgettable memories from our childhood. Then Jami would say on out loud and you had to guess if the memory was from Mike or me. It was a lot of fun, but I could have done without some of those memories being shared with everyone. Then we played a price is right game. Ariana had printed pictures of 15 baby items off the internet and people had to guess how much the item cost without going over. Then we ate the wonderful food we had there. We had some roll-ups that’s are so good, but I couldn’t tell you what’s in them, I didn’t make them. Then we had bite size cheese cakes, fruit pizza, pasta salad, and finger sandwiches’. Then we opened presents. We received a lot of great gifts, especially a homemade quilt my visiting teacher made for us, it is beautiful. Then I showed everyone the nursery and they all loved it, which is always a good thing.

While the whole baby shower was going on, the boys, Mike, Marc, Jonathan, Craig, and Wagon were watching the BYU game. When they all got up to Craig’s to watch the game, they found out that their power was out. So after a little flipping out, they all came down to watch the game at Jami’s house until the power came back on, then they went back up to Craig’s. I think we were all hoping BYU would win, so the guys would be in good moods, but that didn’t work out exactly. I mean BYU didn’t win, they lost in double over time, but at least the guys weren’t in way bad moods, well at least not my husband. The rest of the afternoon was just a chill time. Then when all the family left, Mike and I had the fun exciting evening of homework!! Oh the joys of being in school. Mike and I went to bed pretty early that night, we were both pretty tired. Sunday was a very relaxing day. I did have one quiz to take, which only took 10 minutes. Then Mike and I just spent the day take a nap and watching movies together….it was wonderful.

No comments: